[vdr] Re: Record filenames from EPG

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> Hi,
> the feature that creates the record filenames from the EPG
> subtitle isn't working well IMO. As most timers start a few
> minutes early, vdr will create the filename from the wrong EPG
> entry (the previous one, not the one I want to record).

Have you actually observed this?

VDR takes the EPG entry that matches the time in the middle between
the start and end time of the timer. So it shouldn't matter if the
timer begins a few minutes early. I could only imagine problems
for _very_ short timers - or if the EPG data is wrong. Due to the
frequent canges in schedules these days (because of reports from
these terrible terrorist attacks in the USA) there's a good chance
the EPG data might not be correct.

Klaus