[vdr] Re: Several Harddisks

Matthias Fechner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i tried to use vdr with 3 harddisks, so i mounted it as /video0, /video1
> and /video2.
>
> I changed in runvdr the line VDRPRG="./vdr" to VDRPRG="./vdr -v /video0"
> but if i copy a film into the harddisk /video1, i cannot see the film in
> the menu "Aufzeichnungen".
>
> What is false in my config?

Your config is ok, but vdr writes the big ???.vdr (mpeg2) files to an
emptier disk and set links to this disk. All other related files are
written to the first disk in your configuration. So, if you have īolderī
files, move them to the first disk - all newer written files appeares
correctly.

The second and better way ist the use of LVM, described in the mail of
Juergen Scherer from 7:51pm thist evening.

BTW: Itīs better to use the config like below.

DVBDIR="../DVB/driver"
VDRPRG="./vdr"
VDRCMD="$VDRPRG -v /video0 -w 60 -l 2 -p 0"

Gruss,
 Christoph

--
"... and all the hippies work for IBM or take control ..."
Joe Jackson - Big World, 1987

Home | Main Index | Thread Index