[vdr] Re: other MPEG Decoder cards?

> > see my earlier idea:
> > if we need a osd, we filter the i-frames out of the mpeg-stream (2 per
> > s)
> > decode them, overlay the osd, encode again and display them.
> > i think this should not be too cpu-intensive AND give almost the same
> > look&feel as the siemens osd (and should not be too complicated to
> > program).
Are you sure, this will work ? As far as i know some frames between the i
frames contain difference information. And if we add something to the i
frame it will "fade" away in the next frames until the next i-frame !?
It will only work properly for stream with very less movement/changes.
Anything else will lead to hard readable OSD !?

But what if we show complete menues (on black), without the live picture in
the background ? This could be easy done by just displaying i frames !!
And for the short epg info the 4-color-overlay is enough ?!

> > > btw: Has the DXR3 output any advantage over the dvbs output ? (except
> for
> > > timeshifting with a dxr3 and a dvbs) ? As far as i know it can also
only
> > > show mpeg1/2 - just as the dvbs card !???
> >
> > it has a ac3-capable digital output and is rather cheap.
>
> It can display NTSC streams in PAL60 (useful for Zone 1 DVDs).
> I don't remember if it has RGB outputs.
>
> Jean-Claude
Yeahm, you're right, i forgot about these things :-)
ac3 out via spdif would be extremely useful ...

Martin.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index