[vdr] Re: Commands executed in connection with timers

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> mborn@faphida.in-berlin.de(Mathias Born)  17.09.01 20:11
>
> Once upon a time Mathias Born shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >Monday, September 17, 2001, 6:37:16 PM, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> KS>> Since this is apparently something several people would like to
> KS>> have, I'll see to implement it in one of the next versions.
>
> >Cool. Thanks for the quick response.
>
> KS>> For a quick hack you could insert a line like
> KS>>    system("myBeforeScript");
> KS>> [...]
> KS>>    system("myAfterScript");
>
> >I suggest you name it this way:
> >A "BeforeCommand" and an "AfterCommand" in setup.conf.
>
> Mee too:-)
>
> Problem:
> VDR is running
> $USER is working on the PC.
> Suddenly he gets the ugly message:
>
>    Broadcast message from root Mon Sep 17 21:50:20 2001...
>
>    The system is going down for system halt NOW !!
>
> Argllllllll!
>
> Ok, if he is or can become "root" too in this moment and
> add a grant to the powerdown script he could stop the shut down.
> (Hm, AFAIK "shutdown" does not know a power off option...
> and "poweroff"="halt -p" does not know a grant...)
>
> But what's with VDR?
>
> The elegant solution would be a "w"+"awk" in the power down script
> and see if anyone is logged on and how long he is idle.
>
> Does VDR accept/survive/check a return from power down script
> and retrigger the "User idle"?

I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about.
What does a system shutdown have to do with VDR calling the
"shutdown" script? VDR calls its shutdown script when _it_
wants to shutdown the system. If, for whatever reason, somebody
else shuts down the system, he will have to boot it up again
by himself.

Klaus