[vdr] Re: Same stupid question again.... ;-)

"Koch, Steffen" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> if I want to record Charmed 20.15-21.15 and Charmed 21.15-22.15 on Pro7
> Klaus told me the best way with one card is to program a timer from
> 20.15-22.15 an divide the recording afterwards. But then I've problems with
> the subtitle and the naming of the recordings. Now my question. If I had two
> cards (rev 1.3) but only one cable from the dish, is it possible to loop
> through the cable and to record one with the first card an one with the
> second card??

Yes, that should work.

Usually, a single uni LNB has 4 modes (H/V and Low band/High Band)
that are switched individually via the supply voltage (13/18 V)
and a 22 kHz signal. Of course, only the card that is directly
connected to the LNB controls these. If you use the loop-through
connector to connect a second card, that card has to live with
whatever settings the directly connected card has chosen for the
LNB. In other words, the second card will only be able to tune
into channels that have the same (H/V and Low band/High Band)
mode as the channel that the first card is tuned into.

That's even a bit more than you require, but of course it would
be far better to install a twin LNB.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index