[vdr] Re: Commands executed in connection with timers

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  18.09.01 23:12

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>Well, no offense, but sometimes I really ask myself why I spend
>valuable time in writing documentation, if nobody cares to read it...

shame on me.
real sorry.

>See VDR/INSTALL:

Maybe there is the problem:
That there are several documents.
Knowing that the text is there in INSTALL it's ok.
But not knowing...only grep would be users friend.
And in many gnu projects that ends in "look into
the source"...

But placing all in one?

>  Automatic shutdown:
>  -------------------

>  "...Your program must
>  also initiate the actual shutdown procedure of the computer. After
>this   your program should return to VDR. VDR will not automatically
>exit after   calling the shutdown program, but will rather continue
>normally until it   receives a SIGTERM when the computer is actually
>shut down. So in case   the shutdown fails, or the shutdown program
>for some reason decides not to  perform a shutdown, VDR will stay up
>and running."

>So what you want to do is possible, just don't initiate the shutdown
>if somebody is still working, and return to VDR. VDR will not call the
>shutdown program again before another MinUserInactivity time has passed.
Ah, thanks, that was not clear.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index