[vdr] Re: RUNVDR-Script stop working

Axel Gruber wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a realy stupid problem:
>
> i start my VDR on a other Machine via SSH and i use the RUNVDR Script.
>
> i use  this command:
>
> ./runvdr -c /vdr/settings -v /video0 &
>
> That should mean that the script will be executed in background - and it seem to work - but after some time  (sometimes 1 Hour - sometimes 5 Hours)  - then the VDR is not running and also the Script is not running. If i look at the logile i only see the "exit" and thatīs all.
>
> Does anyone have a idea what happened ?

usening an & does mean the command runs in backround - correct, but it
is not detached from the terminal. this means the script is a child of
the terminal - so when the terminal exits for any reason - its childs
will get the kill signal. thats why there are daemons, after startup,
they are no longer connected to their startup terminal.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index