[vdr] Re: vdr[3330]: ERROR: can't record MPEG1!

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  20.09.01 21:20

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>Rainer Zocholl wrote:

>> What CPU do you have?
>>
>> Here:
>>
>> msi:~/video/VDR# cat /proc/cpuinfo
>> processor       : 0
>> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
>> cpu family      : 6
>> model           : 8
>> model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
>> stepping        : 10
>> cpu MHz         : 996.697
>> cache size      : 256 KB
>>

>processor       : 0
>vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
>cpu family      : 5
>model           : 8
>model name      : AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
>stepping        : 12
>cpu MHz         : 451.014
>cache size      : 64 KB

I assume that device needs in the inner loop
at least  factor 2 longer:  Half clocking freq. and much smaller cache.
I assume that there is only 66MHz RAM

Maybe Ansgar Joniety tells what CPU he has.

>> What gcc?
>>
>> Here:
>> msi:~/video# gcc --version
>> 2.95.2

>kls@video:/home/kls/vdr/VDR > gcc --version
>2.95.2

>> One question is:
>> What is the difference between recording with the first
>> or the second card?
>>
>> One thread/two threads?

>Should make no difference. There are always two threads for a
>recording.

But there must be something different>
If i record from the primary card there is not problem.

BTW:
If those errors are shown, there are audio drop outs too.

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //

Home | Main Index | Thread Index