[vdr] Timer-Problems

Hello...

in addition to my previous mail I might add that I currently don't use the watchdog-function. This
is just because it often happens that the watchdog hits even if vdr seems to run normal (while
recording, while replaying, while watching) and I never had a case that vdr was not responding
to the user. As far as I understand the watchdog, it will watch for the 'main loop' to be active and
as far as I can see on my system, it will not become inactive or at least stops being inactive when
the user does something. Maybe Klaus can put some debugging-output in the main-loop? And
would it be possible for the watchdog to be so kind that it does not hit while recording? I won't
mind an inactive main-loop while the recording process is still working, but I do mind corrupt
recordings because of the watchdog killing all threads although it where not necessary.

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index