[vdr] Re: vdr-0.95/0.96 Mute Vol+/- do not work with DVB-C

Oliver wrote:

> Hallo
>
> Bei mir funktionieren die Keys Mute Volume +/- nicht.
>
> ich habe folgende software
> suse 7.2Kernel - 2.4.9 / dvbsnapshot vom 21.9 / vdr 0.95/0.96 (  -d ) mit dvd
> und lirc 6.3   - Siemens DVB-C rev 01
>
> Alles andere funktioniert echt Klasse,
>
> ich habe es auch mit telnet probiert :
>
>  VDR:/opt/vdr # telnet localhost 2001
> Trying ::1...
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 VDR SVDRP VideoDiskRecorder 0.96; Mon Sep 24 22:52:38 2001
> hitk Mute
> 250 Key "Mute" accepted
>
> aber auch keine reaktion
>
> auch keine fehlmeldungen in /var/log/messages oder warn
>
> danach hab ich nochmal probiert den Wert in der setup.conf manuel zu ändern
> aber nachdem ich vdr neu starte steht der Wert wieder auf 255.

If you write "CurrentVolume = 150" into 'setup.conf', run VDR and stop VDR,
has the value in 'setup.conf' actually been set back to 255? I can't believe that...

> yoh das war's
>
> wär nett wenn mir da einer Helfen könnte

I don't think that the volume problem is a VDR problem. VDR merely calls the AUDIO_SET_MIXER
API function, and there's no (apparent) difference between DVB-S and DVB-C there.

Just to be sure: you _do_ have connected your tv set to the video/audio out jacks
of the DVB-C card, and _not_ to the audio out of some audio card you might have
installed in your system?! VDR's volume control works only with the card's own audio
out.

> LOL

If I remember these abbreviations correctly LOL means "Laughing Out Loud".
So what exactly is so funny?

BTW: all mailing lists on linuxtv.org are supposed to be "English speaking".

Klaus