[vdr] Re: VDR and analogue video in/out

----- Original Message -----
From: "Axel Gruber" <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Cc: <steve@daviesfam.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 5:21 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: VDR and analogue video in/out

> >  - Adding analogue input for VDR generally
> This would be a nice - but not a cheap thing... - MPEG2 encoder-CARDs are
not very cheap..

The ATI graphics cards based on the Radeon have an MPEG2 encoder, and they
are not very expensive.
BTW, does anyone know if there is a Linux driver for this encoder ?

> >  - Providing people with only lower cost DVB cards (with no
> >    mpeg2 decoders) with a display solution.
> Hmm - why ? - what´s wrong in the DVB-S solution - the only thing what
would be realy grat would be a full duplex mode:

> Record and Play at the same time - I have heared that this is possible
with the DVB-S - but the the OSD is DEAD...

It should be possible to use a budget card with a MPEG2 software emulator,
or with a Hollywood DXR2/DXR3/Netstream 2000 card.
But no more CAM support in this solution ... unless you add a PCMCIA adapter
to your PC and somebody writes a driver for PCMCIA DVB CAMs.

Jean-Claude

Home | Main Index | Thread Index