[vdr] Re: index.vdr

On Tuesday,  2. October 2001 15:52, you wrote:
> Hallo Guido,
>
> * Guido Fiala <gfiala@s.netic.de> [01-10-01 19:52]:
> > Does it work through _all_ your recording if it has split files and is
> > longer then one hour (you have to fast forward through it to check if the
> > recording jumps out to early).
>
> I have no problems. Some time ago i recreated the indexfile from 10 or
> 12 recordings, because CuteFTP under Windows has destroyed my index.vdr.
>
> After deleting and recreating the index file, the films are running
> fine.

Mmm, i tested the original "genindex" again and it works only for files that
are created by the current vdr/driver combination (although the file is about
150% in size and "length" according to the progressbar!), but for some old
recording made a year ago the file produces glitches, green-meshs and
playback-breakdown.

But maybe i did something wrong with the old files:

streamtype tells me that current vdr-files are ps-streams.
streamtype told me that the old recording had av_pes format.
so i used

av_pes2ps 00x.vdr >../somedir/00x.vdr

These files play just fine without index.vdr and in mplayer too.
But somehow they are not the same as "native" vdr-files!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index