[vdr] new version - DVD AC3 playback for vdr

Hi,

Thanks to Ernst Lehmann and a bank holiday, is the newest and greatest
installment of the AC3/LPCM audio syncing for DVD playback up for yours
to grab at:

<http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-0.96-as6.patch.gz>

This version somewhat fix the AC3 audio problems with external AC3
decoders. I have tested this (surprise) with some DVD's and it mostly
works, although there are some problems remaining.

Depending on the what tool you use to pipe AC3 to the SPDIF ouput
several things might or might not work correctly. It appears as if all
external AC3 tools are subject to buffer underrun's causing audio
distortions. This is partly a problem with the VDR buffering not
supplying a constant enough audio datastream. I have no immediate plans
(read: no idea how) to fix that.

Have fun

     Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index