[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Channelslist

Rainer Zocholl wrote:
> I think he meant the "PIDs" and a general solution
> to get these infos.
>
> I wonder why those values are not documented by the
> satellit companies(SES?). They (must) know them, and these values
> can't be "confidential" and under "Non-disclosure" or?

Als Rolf said, they are dynamic and you really do not need
them before you start a program.

As an example, DVB2000 (d-box firmware) determines them at
run-time, so there is no need to configure them.
DVB2000 also displays the avaialable languages (Audio PIDs)
in plain text (it displays the words "English", "German", etc.,
not some numbers). For each channel you can select between these
languages and AC3 audio.
I do not know dtv, but I guess it does the same?

I believe it would be nice if VDR did the same.
That would save us the unneccessary hazzle of finding and
configuring these somewhat redundant numbers all the time.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index