[vdr] Re: Scart-Adapter on J2

Am Samstag,  6. Oktober 2001 21:45 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> it is a resistance (47 Ohms).
> it is used to force switching to SCART on your TV set.
>
> I am not sure it is really needed. You can switch from your TV set
> (TV/VIDEO toggle on the remote).
>
> Can someone confirm this ?

This is not used to switch the TV to the SCART Channel, it switches the SCART
Connector to RGB mode. Both, my Philips and my Sony TVs need this signal to
display RGB input. If the 5V are not on, only the CVBS signal is displayed.
I think the 47 Ohms resistance is to prevent the DVB Card to be damaged by
short circuits that some older TVs (that not support RGB) do with this
SCART-pin.
If you build a S-Video (Y/C) SCART Cable (like I did after I realized that my
Philips 32-PW8707 only supports RGB on one SCART connector, though the manual
says the opposite) you must no connect this.

Andreas

--
Andreas Gebel    andreas@xcapenet.de
Diese Nachricht wurde ohne Zuhilfenahme von Microsoft- Produkten erstellt.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index