[vdr] Re: system hangs after deleting records in vdr

>>My system is a 1GHZ Thunderbird, NMC 8TAX+ MB, 256MB Ram, >>Hauppauge
>>Rev 1.3 Sat card, 80 Maxtor disk, Suse 7.2.

>Which kernel is that? (Suse is just distribution. writing
>"Suse 7.2" is similar to writing "bought my new jacket
>at Hertie 15:03 o clock". :-)
Suse 7.2 comes with kernel 2.4.4 an that one I use

>[files system crashes]

>>First I used a vat partition for
>>my video directory. When I deleted some records with vdr and
>>vdr does this I get the following error messages in the
>>/var/log/messages

>>Does any body have an idea whats wrong?

>It does not sound vdr specific.

>What kind of IDE cable do you have?
>How long is the cable?
UDMA cable, that comes with the mainboard, very short

>Doesn't have the NMC the buggy VIA IDE Chip set? (I don't know, >some days ago there were some problems)
I have the newest bios update

>Did you try to make kernels 10 times or more in a script as a >test?
>(On that disk)
Yes, it runs one day, no problems; I checked the memory with
the linux memtest program, no problems.

Do you really think, that this could be a problem with the
disk or chipset?

Harald

--
Tipp: Neuer Gewinnspiel-Service sorgt fuer Furore!
Wer hier nicht gewinnt, dem ist nicht mehr zu helfen...

http://shortwin.de/index.cfm?pp_ID=18648

Home | Main Index | Thread Index