[vdr] Re: NVRAM WakeUp

jaf.corporation@gmx.at(Johannes Feigl)  14.10.01 13:01

Once upon a time Johannes Feigl shaped the electrons to say...

>*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
>Pro* hi ...

Would you please be so kind to *BUY* this software now
or use an other MUA that is not annoying others with spam?
Thanks.

>is it possible to find out the hardware-adresses if the bios doesn't
>show wakeup-features (like most mainboards) ?

If the BIOS don't support it, it is very unlikely that
the hardware  may do.

You would need knowlegde of the chip set and the wiring
of the board.

You can try "rtctest" (see "Documentation" on your linux disc)
if the RTC-Interrupt is really able to wake up the board.
If so, you don't need this nvram hack at all.

>> I just released the version 0.01 of nvram-wakeup on sourceforge
>>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/
>>
>> This is a (small) program that can read and write the WakeUp time in
>> the BIOS (via /dev/nvram on recent 2.4.x kernels). On this WakeUp
>> time the computer will be powered on automatically from the soft-off
>> state.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index