[vdr] Re: Pausing a live stream

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 03:33:31PM -0400, Ian Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > I was just wondering if there where any patchs for VDR that
> allow it to
> > pause live tv.
>
> This is called "snapshot" or "grab image" and already partly
> inside vdr -

"grab image" only takes a snapshot.  I would like to be able to pause
the show I am watching for say 2 minutes.  Then come back and resume
watching my show.  But when I resume, the feed would be coming from a
file
that was used as a buffer during the 2 minutes it was paused.
So it would continue to read from the buffer until the user gave it the
chance
to catch up to the original transport stream or VDR is closed.

Regards,

Ian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index