[vdr] Re: Log of Timer Bug

Am 17.10.2001 22:12:57, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>:

>Anybody else who ever experienced a timer not starting at the expected
>time or being executed at a completely wrong time should please also apply
>this patch and send me the log data if that happens.

Since I changed the watchdog to do 'nothing' and setting the timer to 15 seconds, my
VDR has no more missed any timer. They all start and end at the correct times.
It looks like the 'castrated' watchdog is good enough to 'awake' vdr and bring it back to
its main-loop without interfering normal operation. Of course it's not clean and a memory-
leak somehow, but at least on my system it works and I prefer to restart vdr by hand once
a day instead of having it being restarted over and over again while a recording is in
progress.
Nevertheless I've put you patch in.. but I still would rather like to know why and where it
happens that the main-loop gets stuck (and why and how it gets out of 'stuck-mode' even
without a watchdog, but when it's too late). Maybe a logfile-entry "I'm running..." every full
minute could bring in some light to see if and how often it happens, even at times without
timers pending. And I think the "system time seen" can be removed since there was no
case ever when it showed another time than the log.

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index