[vdr] Re: Idea: Change DVB card while recording

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  28.10.01 15:10
>
> Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >As I said: technically this is certainly possible - but I really don't
> >think it is worth building all this complex (and error prone) stuff
> >into VDR, just for a very rare case...
>
> I too think it would be completely
> sufficient to have a "macro"
>
> "Stop timer running on primary card"
> "start that timer again"
>
> That uses only "well known" functions.
> The only problem is: which timer is on first card?
>
> Maybe as suggested "context sensitive", so instead of
> "card locked" the user is offered the option to restart the
> timer, so it is possible only if really another card is free
> (for how many minutes?)
>
> It can of cause "optimised" by adding:
>
> "tune the free card to station on the primary card"(*)
> "Stop timer running on primary card"
> "start that timer again"
>
> That may give a little drop out...OK, the user had the choice
> and it was his free decision ;-)

I'm currently working on a solution where the Main menu gets an option
"Stop recording on primary card" (or the like). This option is only present
if it will be possible to continue the current recording on another card.

> Maybe some has ("BTW") an idea how to implement
> a "suspend a timer for today/now"
>
> (*) That's a feature that i would like to have always, because
> i don't have a switch for the cards just a splitter, so it's
> difficult to tune to "v" transmissions if the other recorded
> some time ago a "h" transmission.
> (Currently:
>  - Zap blind to a "v" channel,
>  - start a dummy recording,
>  - zap to another channel,
>  - zap back,
>  - stop the recording,
>  - delete the dummy recording...
>  now i can watch "v" polarized channels...again..)
>
> Maybe it makes sense to implement:
> If EPGtimeout=0, (and DiSeq=0?) then always tune back the
> unused, secondary card(s) to a "v" (or give that voltage).
>
> But where to do?

Wouldn't it be better to simply install a multiswitch?

Klaus