[vdr] Re: Idea: Change DVB card while recording

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I could imagine a solution where the user, when he wants to change the channel,
> gets prompted something like "Continue recording on another DVB card?" (only
> if another DVB card is available at the moment, of course). If he confirms this,
> the recording will be interrupted and will automatically resume on a non-primary
> card. That way the user can decide when this should happen (maybe during a commercial
> break).

I believe even this is still too complicated.
Simply switch to the other card as soon as it becomes
available and be done with it.
Gee whizz, if we really miss a frame or two in the process,
who would even notice? And more often than not the time
where two recordings overlap is filled with commercials.
And, as you said before: this case is rare anyway, so it
is not like we would loose a frame or two very often if
you implement it the simple way.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index