[vdr] Re: unresolved symboles

tobschle@gmx.de(Tobias)  30.10.01 22:05

Once upon a time Tobias shaped the electrons to say...

>> Which symbols are unresolved?

>full error message of depmod -ae:
>depmod: *** Unresolved symboles in /lib/modules/2.4.6/misc/dvb_firm.o
>depmod: dvb_root_addr
>depmod: advb_dpram_addr
>depmod: dvb_dpram_len
>depmod: dvb_root_len

>> Best:
>> First try to search for the missing symbols in the dvb(!)
>> (and maybe vdr) mailing list. I think that you did the
>> same error as all other.

>I did and someone asked what the error means but ralph didn't know
>what might be the problem.

Some guessing:

Depmod uses only some pathes to search for modules..

may I assume when you do a "make insmod" after a "cd ../DVB/drivers"
every thing is OK?

Remember that on the first run some devices should be created.
Do a

tail -f /var/log/messages /var/log/syslog &

in the background to see if there are error messages.

You should try to give as more info as possible to get help.
It is annyoing to have to "guess" what error's were there
which versions were used etc.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index