[vdr] Re: A/V syncing in DVD replay

----- Original Message -----
From: Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2001 12:40 PM
Subject: [vdr] A/V syncing in DVD replay

> I have uploaded a pre-release of VDR 0.98 to
>
>   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.98pre2.tgz
>
> which, amoung other fixes, contains this change to DVD replay.
>
> I would appreciate if those amoung you who have a DVD drive installed
> in their VDR machine could run tests with this version, and see whether
> audio and video (replayed via the DVB card's A/V out!) are ok. There
> might be DVDs out there with A/V multiplexing different than the ones
> I had available for testing. If you have a DVD where audio/video replay
> is broken or out of sync, please let me know.

I have tested "Les visiteurs 2" and "The Corrs live at landsdowne road". The
sound stays in sync with the video, but the video is jerky, about twice per
second. I have tried again VDR-0.97, no problem with that version.

Also, there is a segmentation fault if you eject the DVD (menu, then yellow
key) while playing.

Jean-Claude

Home | Main Index | Thread Index