[vdr] Re: Use of MS-6215 without floppy

Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de(Emil Naepflein)  10.11.01 09:34

Once upon a time Emil Naepflein shaped the electrons to say...

>a question to those who are using the above PC without floppy drive:

>What did you do to avoid the the system hanging in the BIOS diagnostic
>when the floppy drive isn't connected?

>My system is always hanging on power up. A soft reset then works.

CNTL-Alt-Del?
Could it be that the box tries to boot from LAN?

>I have disabled everything which has to do with floppy.

AFAIR i only turned it off in the first menu.

>I already had this problem with another MSI board.

>Any help is appreciated.

If have the MS-6215 without floppy too.

I have sometimes (1 of 10..20) the box hang in the POST
with "green,red,green,red" (IIRC) when started with the wakeup clock.

Started by switch or power plug in i never had such a problem.
BIOS is V. 1.4(04/17/2000)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index