[vdr] Re: MP3 extention pre release, Sound?

On 13 Nov 2001 "Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" <C.Rienecker@deutschepost.de> wrote:

> perfect. I tested 0.25-pre2 yesterday (actually, today would be more
> correct). Everything works smoothly. Even low bit rate and mono.

Fine.

> Audio books usually have some 45-70 Minutes per MP3 file. Is there a way to
> implement a 'continue at the point you've stopped'-feature like vdr uses
> with video ?

A temporary resume function (means while the same vdr instance is
running) is possible quite easy. A resume across different vdr
instances would require saving infos into a file (nothing I
prefer). I thing it's a problem too, that you can change the playlist
or move around mp3 files while vdr is stopped and the saved
resume point may not be valid.

> For now, I've changed MP3JUMPSIZE to 30.0 which helps a little if you know,
> where you've interrupted but makes any ff or rw with music tracks difficult.
> Maybee we could do something comparable to video, press 'right' multiple
> times to get different ff speeds and 'up' to resume replay at normal speed.

I thought to implement something like the time jump feature for
mp3's, too.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan