[vdr] Re: AW: vdr-0.98 DVD audio syncing - final solution

Stephan Schreiber wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>

> I was not able to apply your patch...
> All hunks failed. Strange...I'll try again later.
>
> Talking about AC3:
> What tool should I use to get the ac3 stream of a dvd to the spdif of my
> soundcard?
> ac3dec doesn't work anymore with VDR 0.98. (It works with VDR recordings but
> not DVD's).

if i remember correctly, ac3dec expects to get complete ac3 frames one
at a time. for DVD we send incomplete frames, expecting the external
decoder to reassemble them.
Look for a tool that can reassemble the frames. I don't have ac3
hardware and can't test it - sorry.

Andreas

> Any suggestions?
>

> Cheers