[vdr] Re: DVD - quality ?

Am Samstag, 17. November 2001 22:05 schrieben Sie:
> Hi all,
>
> after reading gazillions of news msgs, i have almost decided for a vdr
> box. Your postings in this list just look too promising.
>
> Blocking issues still:
>
> 1) A nice hifi-like case
> (my wife needs to believe its a new Video Recorder :-). Colors need to
> be either black or silver. I have looked at several previous postings,
> but either the cases are ugly (design: shining plastic) or sold out (c't
> case). Any europe hints appreciated...

but a very small board (mirco atx or baby at (there was a socket A baby at
board tested in a c't some months ago)) and put it in the VCR case. or maybe
a siemens board with a risercard will do it. I'll test if it works with a
schneider surfstation.

> Non-blocking issue:
>
> What to do with DivX. It is more and more becoming a standard, but it
> seems that VDR is out (assuming less than 1Ghz CPU). Given the many
> useful things a VDR can do, i regard this as non-blocking.

you can replay divx with VDR. the problem is that it has to be encoded to
mpeg1 on the fly. and that is not possible with a weaker cpu. you can use X
with a graphics card that has tv-out.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index