[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer extention 0.25 released

On 22 Nov 2001 jm.imca@t-online.de (Joerg Mueller) wrote:

> I am trying since two days to compile the patch with the Mplayer extention
> by Stefan. I installed the MAD-lib before making vdr. Madplay is playing
> well, but I get the following compiler output when I try to make VDR with
> MP3=1:
>
> g++ -g -O2 config.o dvbapi.o dvbosd.o dvd.o eit.o font.o i18n.o interface.o
> menu.o osd.o recording.o remote.o remux.o ringbuffer.o svdrp.o thread.o
> tools.o vdr.o mp3.o mp3-menu.o mp3-dvb.o
> videodir.o -lncurses -ljpeg -lpthread   -lz -lmad -lid3tag
> ./libdNtv/libdtv.a -o vdr
> /usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lid3tag
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [vdr] Error 1

This means that your system is missing libid3tag, which is part
of the libmad distribution. Normaly libid3tag is installed at the
same location as libmad. Seems that you doesn't installed libmad
properly.

> I found the file id3tag as part of lame, that is also installed on my system
> in the position:

Wrong place to search, it has nothing to do with lame.

> Also the linker/compiler claimed about missing id3tag.h, I copied this file
> already into the path
> /usr/local/include/id3tag.h, but this was not the last step to solve this
> problem.

As I said, libmad isn't installed properly.

> What should I do now?

After untaring libmad, change to the libmad directory. Do:

rm config.cache
configure --enable-shared
make
make install
ldconfig

This should do the trick.
If libmad/libid3tag is still not found, you must add the install
path (usualy /usr/local/lib) to /etc/ld.so.conf.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index