[vdr] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.99pre1

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
>
>>Am Sonntag 25 November 2001 20:45 schrieben Sie:
>>
>>>I'm releasing this as a "pre" version because it doesn't bring
>>>too many new things, mainly a few fixes (and DVB-T support, of course).
>>>But since several people have asked if there is going to be a new version,
>>>well, here is what I currently have (haven't had much time to work on VDR
>>>lately...). And, of course, the main reason for not going to the full
>>>"0.99" is because then the very next version would have to be "1.00" - and
>>>there are still a few things I want to do before that ;-)
>>>
>>Klaus:
>>Did you ever consider giving away parts of VDR in favor of "distributed
>>development" ? ;)
>>I mean, fixing things etc. on the mailing list is fine, but couldn't others
>>also take a bigger responsibility in improving the main parts of vdr
>>*together*
>>with you?
>>Not wanting to critizise you, it could take off some work from you and help
>>vdr improve even faster.
>>
>>Greets,
>>Sascha Volkenandt
>>

> There _are_ already things that are completely done by others, like MP3
> player or DVD replay, but I'd like to keep the core VDR stuff under my own
> control ;-)

Which does not mean, that Klaus is not doing some hefty editing on the
stuff before including it  ;-)

Anyway, even with a "distributed development" there has to be somebody
coordinating the releases and generaly ensuring the overall quality.
Klaus is doing a very good job on that!

The one thing i would wish for, is a central CVS, where each major
subproject (MP3, DVD) could have his own branch. This would make it much
simple to synchronize the seperate development versions. Currently, it
is close to a nightmare for the non-development user to have vdr running
with all the different patches applied.

Just my 10cent ...

    Andreas

> Greetings