[vdr] Re: OT: Creating a "REAL VIDEO-DVD" under linux ?

Hi Axel.

The main problem today is to find a good DVD Authoring software.

Even on windows the good ones are few and expensive.

If you want to add some menus, subtitling or multiple audio tracks it is
even harder to find the good software.

I think there is nothing now available on linux.

On idea would be to use wine or VMWare to do authoring on Windows and
just CDRecord (it seems there will be some support soon) to burn on
linux, or to have two computers (Windows + Linux).The idea is that the
Pioneer drive doesn't need to be in the computer which is authoring.You
can keep some files on DVD-ROM in VDR format and still view them.

you can go on www.2-pop.com forum to find some information on Authoring
software (mostly on Mac) ; they often compare different authoring
software even on PC.

I will to find other links i found earlier when this problem was
bothering me.
I am still waiting for a cheaper DVD-R drive !!

Patrick Gueneau

Axel Gruber wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I now have a Pioneer DVD-Writer - and after some problems i=B4m realy happ=
> y with it !
>
> I can save my favorite Movies in VDR-Format with the best Sound/Audio Qual=
> ity. Everything work great..
>
> But now my question:=20
>
> Is it possible to make a "REAL" DVD out of this VDR-MPEG2 Files ? and burn=
>  it under LINUX so i can use it in a DVD-Player ?
>
> Or is it possible to make a SVDR on a DVD  - and are such cd=B4s playable =
> in a usual DVD-Player ?
>
> CU
>
> Axel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index