[vdr] Re: MPeg2 encoder/transcoder with stdin/stdout?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Schultz" <aschultz@warp10.net>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 7:01 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: MPeg2 encoder/transcoder with stdin/stdout?

> Hi,
>
> René Bartsch wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > ffmpeg ( http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net ) can grab video from a
V4L-source or
> > file and stream it to network or write into file.
> > Several input formats ( PES-, TS- streams, MPEG1, -2, ...) and several
> > output formats ( DVD, MPEG1, -2, SVCD, DivX, ...) can be choosen.
>

> Just for clarification, i think it doesn't support MPEG2 encoding!
>
> Andreas

      Supported File Format Encoding Decoding
      MPEG audio X  X
      MPEG PS (muxed audio and video) X  X
      ASF X  X
      AVI X  X
      WAV X  X
      Macromedia Flash X  (audio only)
      Real Audio and Video X  X
      PGM, YUV, PPM, JPEG images X  X
      Raw AC3 X  X
      Raw MJPEG X  X
      Raw MPEG video X  X

      Supported Codec Encoding Decoding
      MPEG1 video X  X
      MPEG2 video   X
      MPEG audio layer 2 X  X
      MPEG audio layer 3   X
      MPEG4 (aka Open DIVX) X  X
      AC3 X  X
      MSMPEG4 V3 (aka DIVX) X  X
      H263(+) (aka RealVideo 1.0) X  X
      MJPEG X  X

http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net

Rene

> > There's also input-/output capability for sound (sound device or file to
> > network or file (e.g. MP3).
> >
> > But for streaming, you'll need a fast CPU!
> >
> > Decoding won't need much CPU power, just like having a file ...
> >
> > Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index