[vdr] Re: DVD playback problems

On Thursday, 29. November 2001 23:18, you wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:41:08PM +0100, Guido Fiala wrote:
> > Ok, XV does'nt use that much CPU (as it's mostly hardware) but the only
> > difference to a switch to 800x600 is (beside the avoid of the monitor
> > switching clicking ;-) that you have now a border around your window and
> > other X-Windows stuff.
>
> What is the boarder you are talking about?

just the window-decorations...

That's it - i prefer 800x600@100Hz (i can see 75Hz flickering ;-)

> I also achieve 1600x1200 under windows (my monitor can't do more...).
>
> Is xv supported with current (CVS or not) with DVB-s?

AFAIK it has nothing to do with the bttv/dvb driver or v4l in general.
xawtv simply uses the grabimage() function to copy the video-frame into some
memory and let the xv-scaling function scale it into graphics-card memory.
It could be implemented into kvdr - i just don't have the time to do it
myself.

BTW - for me xawtv does'nt do xv at all :-((

Home | Main Index | Thread Index