[vdr] Re: checking for data in live mode

Henning Holtschneider wrote:

> [ Sorry, I sent this to the wrong mailing list 8-( Here we go again ...]
>
> Hi,
>
>  the stability of the DVB driver has been improved a lot recently, but after
> an EPG scan, the screen will still often be black (I've got a Rev. 2.1
> card). I can switch channels and see the channel info but there is no sound
> and picture. VDR will restart in this case when recording but not in live
> viewing mode. Could this be changed so that VDR will look for data in live
> mode, too? The probem occurs only during EPG scans so it would probably be
> sufficient to check for data during this period.

Checking for actual data in live viewing mode would mean that an actual
data stream would have to be opened for every channel switching - that would
quite probably slow down zapping a lot. It would be a lot better to solve the
initial problem. What version of the driver are you using? I am using the one
from 2001-11-17 and don't have that problem.

Klaus