[vdr] Re: putting DVD in "quiet" mode

Hi,

Sorry, i can't help with your immediate problem, but i have the same
drive and am also annoyed with it's noise at full speed.

As soon as i have some time, i will investigate how vdr can turn down
the cd/dvd drive  speed. There are several place's that can benefit from
that. MP3, VCD's and DVD's all have different speed requirements when
playing directly form CD/DVD.

Andreas

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

> hi all!
>
> i own a pioneer DVD 106-s and the problem is:
> this thing is damn loud.
> i used the tools from "cd-bremse" on my windows
> pc, and they work. my dvd should work in a
> "quiet mode" = 9xcvs (as far as i understood).
>
> but i don.t know how to set that speed using
> linux. "hdparm -E xxx" doesn.t work.
>
> can anybody help? i think i.m not the only
> one with that "problem".
>
> thanx!
>
> servus hannes!
>
> Johannes Schoeller