[vdr] Re: putting DVD in "quiet" mode

Hi Johannes,

> i own a pioneer DVD 106-s and the problem is:
> this thing is damn loud.
> i used the tools from "cd-bremse" on my windows
> pc, and they work. my dvd should work in a
> "quiet mode" = 9xcvs (as far as i understood).
>
> but i don.t know how to set that speed using
> linux. "hdparm -E xxx" doesn.t work.
>
> can anybody help? i think i.m not the only
> one with that "problem".

On saturday I bought such a DVD drive.
A few days before I found this page:
http://www.artec.org/EN/ie4/def/dvd_dvddrives_dvd106

There you can download a tool which is able
to set the "quit-mode" permanent. I tested it
and it works fine. I can't hear my DVD anymore.

The only disadvantage is, that this tool only runs
under Windows.

Bye
Jens Dorstewitz
dorstewitz@gmx.de