[vdr] Re: tcm universal remote control + lirc

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> For half the bugs one can get one at plaza too, with more butons
> 3+4*5+4+4*4+2*3=49 + 6 keys to select the "function" (TV,VCT,SAT etc)
> But the TCM really looks better ;-)

hehe, i'm that kind of home cinema freak! i just saw the tcm, though it
was cheap and grabed it! :-)

>>>I think most of the people here use VDR & LIRC.
>>>The problem is that the config-file is diffent. you should
>>>read to lirc-docs how to make your own config

>>thanx for the tipp, but i know how lirc works. the problem is that i
>>use an ebedded system for my vdr box and i can't make my own conf file
>>that easely. (the vdr hardware is the only one, with ifrared
>>receiver.)

>>i though, if someone is useing this remote control i can use his conf
>>file without booting a completly different system on my vdr to go
>>through the lirc key lerning process.

> You forgot to mention, that the TCM is a "universal RC" with
> hundreds of predefined codes.
> So you want/it would be sufficent to get a conf file of _any_ RC that
> can be emulated by the TCM and is used with VDR?

hmm, sorry for the confusion, but i thought i made this clear! :-(
anyway, if nobody is using the tcm right now, i will have to browse the
"supported remote controls" list on the lirc hompage and find one that
has a similar button layout as the tcm. hopefully the first one i find
can also be emulated by the tcm! ;-)
have you got some tipps what i should look for?

best regards ...
clemens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index