[vdr] Scart ouput disabled by vdr on my DVB-C ( and more)

Hello list,
im new to this DVB and vdr stuff, but its a really cool thing.
Better than any adventure to play *g*.
Well i first used my card on windows, there i still have the problem of
getting no picture on the pc monitor.neither with or without using gfx card
overlay. could my card be corrupt? Display on tv by scart and by video out is
working fine. I called the hotline from Siemens, but the guy told me that my
PIII450 256MB is too slow for the card. cant be true, i should try to get another
person, who truly know what he says. the documentation stated a p133 16 MB
would be sufficient.

So after all the babble about windows, now my questions concerning linux and
vdr.

1. How could i test video display on my pc monitor on linux? By using kvdr?

2. When i insmod the dvb drivers i get a picture on my tv using the scart
cable.
   As soon as a start vdr, the picture is gone. when i use the cinch video
output cable i     get the picture. Does anyone know how to solve this?

3. the volume + and - dont work, if i press the buttons, the picture does
only flicker.
    is this a driver problem concerning only my dvb-c card? will it be
solved?

4. Using the overlay on tv screen for doing thins like tv channel swichting,
vdr programming, mp3 playing and other, is really nice. but better would be
IMHO if the ovelay handling stuff would be independent an generic. Is
somelike this planned in the future? Maybe i could help a bit. Im a professional
programmer in C++ (but doing only windows stuff, so my knowledge of the UNIX
peculiarities are maybe insufficient.)

Ok i think this is more than enough for my first mail to this list ;-)

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Gunnar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index