[vdr] Re: Remote Control

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:02:58 +0100, "Richard Cieply" <CIEPLY@de.ibm.com>
wrote:

> which OneForAll RC do you have?

I have the OFA Digital 4 because it has distinct keys for all the
functionality like the 4 color keys and the vcr control.

> I have the Topline5.
> Which code did you programm for your Hauppage DVB-s RC?
> (Or do you use another infrared receiver and an arbitrary code?).

I don't have a new Hauppauge card with remote control. I use a separate
serial IR receiver from ANIR multimedia. You can use an arbitrary code
for remote control because all the mappings are done by LIRC. I don't
remember the code number (I have written it down somewhere at home), but
I tried some of the SAT codes and looked for one where each of the keys
sends a signal. But that isn't really necessary because you can program
any arbitrary code with the MAGIC key.

> Could you provide your licrd.conf for that code.

Yes, of course.

> I tried to find the same code as the DVB-s uses but so far without success.
> The problem is that it seems that the OneForAll disables buttons for a code
> if the original remote didn't have that keys.

Yes, that's true. But you can program new codes on this keys with the
MAGIC key.

> So I have to find a code that enables all the keys on the OneForAll and
> then record them.

That was the way I did it. The problem is that it is not easy to find
one which uses all keys *and* uses distinct codes for *all* keys. But as
I have said that ist no really problem. It only means some additional
work in assigning new codes to keys not working or keys using the same
codes.

> Is there anyone out there using a OneForAll with the DVB-s infrared
> receiver?

It shouldn't matter what receiver you are using. I have discovered that
LIRC recognizes the same code independent from the type of receiver. I
tested this with three different types.

> If so, how does your configuration look like?
> Any config data would help as I really don't want to check all the remote
> codes until one is working.

I will post the description.

> (Maybe one evening with a good bottle of wine ;->)

I hope not, you will need a clear head to program this all into the OFA.
:)

It has cost me also some time to find the right code because I have
discovered twice that a code that I selected also controlled other
devices I have at home. So I had to select a new one. :(

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index