[vdr] Re: Problems

Joerg Schneide wrote:
> It looks like VDR is scanning all channels for EPG information or
> something and detects some wrong- or undefined channels.
> How to avoid this?

You can disable the EPG scanner in the setip menu
by setting EPGScanTimeout=0.
See the Manual.

> 2. Another strange thing maybe related to the above:
> Some time after the last input or some hours of running
> the video output disappears. There is no error output on
> the console or OSD. VDR seems to operate normal I can switch
> channel with the RCU, the related OSD-output appears on my TV
> but the video output remains black.

I see this problem too with my DVB-S card and it has been
reported by people with DVB-C cards. See the list archives.

I believe it only happens when you (or the EPG scan) switch to
a channel that does not broadcast anything (at the moment).
So, the only workaround right now is to keep only channels
that broadcast 24/7 in your channels.conf.

Maybe the driver developers will fix this in a future driver release.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index