[vdr] Re: Filesize problem (over 2GB)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:07:20 +0100, Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
wrote:

> > VDR is not designed to create files larger than 2GB.
> Yes - and i think this is ok ! :-)
>
> What would be realy great: VDR should write 1 Movie to 1 Harddisk (if possible)
> The Problem: I have 6 Harddisks in my system and i had a Headcrash this weekend.
> Nearly all Recording´s are dead because a large Movie have parts on 2-4 different Harddisk´s.

You should use Raid5 then a Headcrash doesn't matter. ;-)
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and the only thing I had to do
was a raidhotadd and everything was fixed. Nevertheless you are right
that it would be better to place complete movies on one partition when
possible. What I do currently regularly is to move the parts of movies I
want to keep for longer onto one disk partition and recreate the links.
I have a simple script for this.

> So for future a machanism would be great wich writes a complete Movie to 1 Harddisk (if Possible)

Yes, this would be really nice.

Emil

PS: Could you please trim the line length to 72 characters in your
emails? This makes replying to emails much easier.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index