[vdr] Re: Filesize problem (over 2GB)

Good morning,

> But if i only want to watch this path with NC (NCommander) i get only a
error-Message...

> Same with SAMBA and WINDOWS - Files over 2 GB donīt work here at my
system... - donīt know why...

> But this is not a Problem for me.. :-)

it was a problem for me -- SuSE support pages were offering the solution:
The problem: Old Reiserfs versions (I don't know the correct numbers by
heart) only support files up to 2 GB. The new one is able to handle larger
files.
The solution (quick and dirty): Remount with "conv" option. This changes the
type of reiserfs version. But be careful: You will not be able to mount the
partition on a system with "old" reiserfs only. BE SURE to have the newer
reiserfs support in your kernel (I am using 2.4.16, 2.4.13 was also ok).

Samba works well now, too.

Regards,
Dirk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index