[vdr] Re: DVD

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Andy Grobb wrote:

AG> Hallo Andreas !!!
AG>
AG> Jetzt hat mich einer gefragt, warum manche DVDs erst nach 10-30 Sek.
AG> starten. Liege ich richtig das es was mit Libdvdread 0.9er Version zu tun
AG> hat?, weil mit der 0.8er klappte das super. Mit Nav hat es auch nichts, da
AG> es mit Orgi.Vdr auch lange braucht.

I also noticet that last week. If you connect a monitor to your vdr box,
you will see some debug output (I think, by libdvdread or by libdvdcss)
it says something like:

... Now getting all title keys, it may take a _long_ time, so be
patient...
... reading ... reading ... (some further messages)

and sometimes everything is ready after <2 sec
but sometimes it takes up to 40 sec...

but I didn't try it with libdvdread 0.8

c ya
        Sergei