[vdr] AC3-playback didn't work

Hi,

since one week I am an owner of a dolby digital receiver
and try to get AC3-playback to work. I followed the steps
in the description from Carsten Koch but without success.
As soundcard I use a Zoltrix Nightingale Pro 6 with a CMI
8738 chip on SuSE 7.3.

I put the alsa-drivers (0.9.0beta9)in the directory
/usr/local/src/alsa-driver-0.9.0beta9 and installed them.
Playeing a mp3 with mpg123 works fine. Before I installed
these Beta-drivers I used the alsa-drivers which comes
with SuSE 7.3 and deinstalled them with Yast2.

The soundcard is connected via a digital optical cable
woth the receiver.

In the tools-package from alsa is a ac3dec-directory. I
compiled this program without the patch from Carsten Koch
and copied the executable to /usr/bin.

To the command line which starts vdr I added '-a "ac3dec -C"'.

When I start to play a recorded movie or a DVD then the
I only see a black background on the TV and nothing is
played. But I can stop the play and vdr switches back to
the current channel (with sound). But the vdr is dead.
It doesn't recognize any command from the remote control.

Has anyone an idea what I made wrong?

Bye
Jens Dorstewitz
dorstewitz@gmx.de