[vdr] Re: MP3 Patch and drop-outs

On 19 Dec 2001 Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de> wrote:

> Sometimes i have audio-glitches if i have 3 RECORDINGS at same
> time... - perhaps itīs possible to give MP3 decoding a higher
> priority because the total CPU-Load at this Moment is only
> 30-55% never higher then 60%

Using a higher priority for decoding makes no sense, if you have
idle cpu cycles as these would be used for decoding anyway if needed.
Even if you have 100% cpu load, I don't think that it would be a
good idea to increase priority, because this could disturb the
ongoing records.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan