[vdr] Re: OT: Transcoding a DIVX to another format ?

Axel Gruber wrote:

> Hello all
>
> after playing some days with 2 DIVx-FILES and the mplayer-patch i see that my PIII800 is too
> slow to play this in realtime.
>
> I think this files are not able to play with -vc ffdivx  so i have to use -vc odivx.
>
> But then i have 99%CPU-Load and broken audio.
>
> I think itīs much work on mplayer and the codec.....
>
> Does anyone know if itīs possible to transcode  (offline) this movies to another Format wich can
> played by VDR/mplayer after Transcoding.
>
> Anyone have a Idea ?
>
> I would like to watch this movies on my TV .-)
>
> (on a WINDOWZE Machine (360MHZ) it works well)

DivX ;-) plays flawlessly on my 450 MHz PIII under Linux -
at least via the graphics card. I would not be surprised
if that works under windoze as well.
AFAIK, if you want to play it via the DVB card, mplayer
tries to re-encode it to MPEG on-the-fly, which is
obviously a very demand task. Are you sure THAT also
works with a slow machine under windoze?

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index