[vdr] Re: why doesnt vdr name an instant recording with the information from the epg data?

Hi,

> the thought came just to my mind. is it a bug or a feature? or just a missing feature. me thinks it cant be so hard to do.

Yes, I would suggest the same for manual timers with the channel name as
title -- if I have to create a timer without EPG I don't enter a name
because I hate text-input by remote control... On recording time VDR
could set the name of the recording to the name in the EPG-info.

BTW: What's about Showview-Support in VDR?
Sometimes it is necessary to create a timer when no EPG info is
available, and Showview would simplify this procedure. You only have to
enter one number in which channel, date, time etc. is decoded.

Happy new year,
  Ansgar.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index