[vdr] Re: why doesnt vdr name an instant recording with the information from the epg data?

Hi,

> > > BTW: What's about Showview-Support in VDR?
> > > Sometimes it is necessary to create a timer when no EPG info is
> > > available, and Showview would simplify this procedure. You only have
> > > enter one number in which channel, date, time etc. is decoded.
> >

> > Okay, buy a unlimited license and give it to Klaus ;-) .
>
> Showview needs VPS. And VPS is not available for vdr yet.

No, showview doesn't need VPS, it's just a algorithm for
channel/date-encoding/decoding. But
there is no legal way to integrate this without an expensive license ... and
I don't even know if Showview
is capable of managing some 100s of programs.
The VPS-functionality should be realized with the SI-Infos from DVB. But
since most programs just
produce "garbage"-infos, it's not useable (I noticed a long time ago a
foreign music channel with SI-
Infos for every video-clip with exact start-time).

bye, reiner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index