[vdr] Re: Card Handling

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Falk Spitzberg wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>this saturday, I ran into an interesting situation. I have twi DVB-S
>>cards in my VDR system, that where connected to different outlets. Due
>>to heavy snowfall the signal was too low to receive anything on the
>>primary card. The secondary card worked fine (obviously better
>>connection), but due to the tuning problem on the primary card, VDR kept
>>restarting until I was able to switch to an encrypted channel where the
>>secondary card is needed.
>>
>>Would it be posible to keep VDR running as long as there is ONE working
>>card? A warning that card X is not working would be nice too.
>>

>VDR only restarts if it NEEDS to use that card.

Cannot be true. In my situation the free to air channels are configured
to use card 0, which means any available card. The secondary card was
available so VDR could use it with transfer mode like the encrypted
channels.

Ok. It's not an important issue. Just "nice to have".

--
Falk Spitzberg
fspitzb@spitzberg.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index