[vdr] Re: Power board

gfiala@s.netic.de(Guido Fiala)  02.01.02 12:46

Once upon a time Guido Fiala shaped the electrons to say...

>On Sunday, 30. December 2001 10:47, you wrote:
>> shame on google. :)
>>
>> http://www.seyringer.priv.at/

>This is probably a nice solution, currently i'am thinking of
>an mini board inside an RS232 plug, which would wake the system by
>Ring, as most systems allow this,

Nice idea too.

But: Is there standby power available on the V.24?

But my MS-6215 will normally NOT wake up fully... :-(
I'll try if "wake on ring" works.

>programming would be done by RS232 of course.
>The advantage would be, that it's more simple to use...

Yes.
And remember:
An accu is *not* required!

Only a good electronic that is capable to detect/indicate
the power on reason. (Return of main power, IR, Timerevent,
Emergeny/external trigger)

There is already battery buffered clock inside the PC!
On return of power it is always strongly recommended to start the PC
because while the power loss there might have been other
events been lost.
On the PC there must be a software that is capable to
send the current time and the next event to the wakeup mimik.
But that software is required at all.

Maybe a USB-compatible uC should be used so an
update would be easier (V.24 will die, someday)

To make the programming easier, the interface ("Hardware" API)
should have "peek" and "poke". So the entire uC can be programmed
without using/knowing uC-assember if one likes to do.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index