[vdr] Re: Card Handling

fspitzb@spitzberg.de(Falk Spitzberg)  02.01.02 13:20

Once upon a time Falk Spitzberg shaped the electrons to say...

>Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>>Falk Spitzberg wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>this saturday, I ran into an interesting situation. I have twi DVB-S
>>>cards in my VDR system, that where connected to different outlets.
>>>Due to heavy snowfall the signal was too low to receive anything on
>>>the primary card. The secondary card worked fine (obviously better
>>>connection), but due to the tuning problem on the primary card, VDR
>>>kept restarting until I was able to switch to an encrypted channel
>>>where the secondary card is needed.
>>>
>>>Would it be posible to keep VDR running as long as there is ONE
>>>working card? A warning that card X is not working would be nice
>>>too.
>>
>>VDR only restarts if it NEEDS to use that card.
>>

>Cannot be true. In my situation the free to air channels are
>configured to use card 0, which means any available card. The
>secondary card was available so VDR could use it with transfer mode
>like the encrypted channels.

May i assume:

[F1] VDR tries to sample "EPG" on the unused cards.

But the "watch dog" does not know what asked for the tuning,
it just saw: "Timeout because no sync"

And so, the watch dog kills the running VDR "just" because
EPG could not get it's info...

>Ok. It's not an important issue. Just "nice to have".

When you are recording and VDR is reseted very 120sec
just because EPG could not be sampled,
the recording becomes unnesscary useless.

So it is an important issue, IMHO.

(I would like to use EPG scan, but can't because i have
only a single wire for the cards so after a while
the watchdog would reset VDR because the expected transponder
can't be tuned to because the polaristion is wrong.)

Maybe the boards can deliver more info why there is
no "sync" or it's possible to reset only the one card that
is "needed" ?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index